"The day we first met" A Long Poem




The following poem shows the feeling of a boy who unknowingly falls for a girl while on a bus travel. They by coincidence get seated next to each other on a crowded bus and by the time the girl had to leave it became difficult for both of them to feel like the way they used to before, they reached home with a different smile and enthusiasm on their face that truly today was a remarkable day in their lives.


Image result for The day we first met




I never had an idea that today would be a special day in my life,

I boarded the bus assured it would be a hell of a boring ride.

But fate had something else written,

I got seated to a sweet innocent looking girl without any clue. 


After being seated next to her I felt a different kind of vibe,

She had that spark in her eyes.

For the first few minutes, I kept her innocent actions,

Wanted to give myself a try  from the very first second.

 

As our journey progressed I grew impatient with time,

Wanted to get two words "HI" out from within the clutches of my mind.

When I finally did said these words,

Her voice in the way she replied got me going crazy.

 

When this initial hiccup was passed,

There was no looking back.

We talked on every conceivable topic,

With every word she said my heart grew fonder.

 

She had that style nobody can match,

Her every phrase had a different catch.

Her eyes were like the most beautiful pearls from Mariana Trench,

Her nose was like cherry on a cake topping.

  

Her face glowed a different light in the sunlight,

She looked like a mermaid from the Mediterranian sea.

Her hair were as beautiful and shiny as there could be,

 The way she moved her lips while talking made me grow crazy.


When she talked about herself, you could feel she doesn't  have a pinch of ego,

All she was filled with innocent and kindness.

She didn't had harsh words even for the villains in our society,

She used to shrug so cutely at the smallest of things.

 

Half an hour talking I knew she was the one,

She got me surprised with every sentence.

Never ever seen a girl like her,

It felt like a romantic song kept playing in the background.

 

Finally when her destination arrived,

I can't even think of letting her go.

Had to bid her goodbye with a heavy heart,

After she left I slept in the bus with our conversations replaying in my mind.

I'm glad she gave her Instagram handle before leaving,

I missed her to bits even after five minutes.

Now while writing this poem Im still thinking about her with tears rolling down my eyes,

I wish someday she will realize how i feel for her while reading this poem.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 







Comments

Popular Posts